What if peak state is to be your default?


Sometimes our next level, demands a different version of ourselves. Someone said, "What if peak state is to be your default to attain your goals." Whatever they are.

When I was seeking to know people, trying to know who and who in the industry. I'd do cold calls. I'd watch a show, and pick the name of whoever I wanted to know. Then I'd call the company and ask for that person.

Then I'd pull off an accent because I wanted to sound brilliant. Then somewhere in between I'd forget that accent and revert back into my gangster way of talking because that was not me. At 24, faking it seemed the way to be. That we needed to just sound brilliant. He he.

I would later learn, you can't fake it till you make it. You have to be it. But the most beautiful part of the story is you can be anyone you want to be, whatever you want to be. I like what Laura said, there are so many accents in the world, just pick whatever you want and give yourself. STEP UP YOUR GAME in whatever direction you choose.

I am obsessed with change and so, I have found myself in everlasting circles of "New me" every Monday and every new year. This is true, I would later learn not completing these tasks is actually disrespecting myself. If I focus, I can complete this task and complete it well, and I will be even more confident with the next.

I know a year can do a lot to a person, I have seen people evolve. Even myself.
But my greatest learning is "YOU HAVE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING NEW UNTIL YOU SEE PERMANENT RESULTS". For me, this is not about accents anymore. It is about courage. Courage to know that I can be wearing a leso or speaking however I speak, but very confident. For me it's about courage not being a performance, but a way of being. That whoever I am or whatever I am or with whoever, I can still be bold.

Comments